UNC Caldwell Psychiatry Position
Caldwell UNC HealthCare is the choice for healthcare in Caldwell County. The Emergency Department see approximately 30,000 visits a year. Caldwell Physician Network provides the majority of primary care and select specialty care to the local market from eleven separate medical park locations throughout the county. The 110-bed licensed acute care hospital is a member of the UNC Health Care System.
UNC Caldwell is building a brand new facility to open in summer of 2020. The Mental Health Inpatient/Outpatient hospital will feature 28 inpatient beds as well as a full-spectrum outpatient clinic with a multi-disciplinary staff. It will be located adjacent to Caldwell UNC hospital in the heart of Western, NC.
• Full-time opportunity for outpatient psychiatry (inpatient interests are welcome to inquire)
• Seeking a minimum of two psychiatrist, will grow accordingly
• Additional staff to include psychologist, LCSW, etc.
This Position Features:
• The benefits afforded a hospital-employed provider with rewards that recognize individual productivity
• Staff and administration in the practices who are well-trained, seasoned professionals
• UNC’s experience in hospital-based-provider practice management that spans over two decades
• A hospital that values provider partners as key members of the team
• Centrally located to the key cities in Western North Carolina—70 minute travel to: Charlotte Douglas International Airport; the eclectic attractions of Asheville; the arts and history of Winston-Salem; and only 20 minutes to the North Carolina High Country and the mountain seasonal resort community of Blowing Rock
• Natural scenic beauty in Wilson Creek Gorge
• Breath-taking scenic views from The Blue Ridge Parkway
• Proximity to higher education opportunities: Appalachian State University in Boone, NC; Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC; Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute in Hudson, NC; and an excellent pre-K – 12 public school system
Posted January 18, 2021