Ophthalmologist (Glaucoma focus) in Virginia
Mary Washington Eye Care Center is recruiting for a board-certified Ophthalmologist with excellent clinical and surgical skills who is fellowship trained in treating patients with glaucoma. You will be responsible for comprehensive eye care with a focus on handling more sophisticated surgical services.
· Manage neuro, rheumatological, and trauma related eye conditions.
· Perform examinations to determine the overall health of the patients’ eyes looking for issues like macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts, or other ocular conditions that impaired vision.
· Make a diagnosis and determine a treatment plan with the goal of correcting the issue.
· If a patient’s diagnosis requires surgery, perform the necessary surgical procedure.
· Prescribe ophthalmologic treatments or therapies such as chemotherapy, cryotherapy, and low vision therapy.
· Diagnose or treat injuries, disorders, or diseases of the eye and eye structures including the cornea, sclera, conjunctiva, retinal, or eyelids.
· Also, handle some general ophthalmology with routine eye exam/vision plan
We have two main hospitals, medical practices, and urgent care facilities. You will join in our established practice a cornea trained ophthalmologist and a medically trained optometrist. Surgical services are performed at the Fredericksburg Ambulatory Surgery Center, a center recognized nationally for their commitment to quality and exceptional patient satisfaction, the only tertiary-level outpatient surgery facility in the greater Fredericksburg region.
· Medical Degree
· Residency Program
· Fellowship trained in Glaucoma. (prefer)
· Virginia State Medical License
Will consider right out of fellowship.
Located 50 miles south of Washington, D.C. and 58 miles north of Richmond, Fredericksburg is part of the Northern Virginia region, and is considered the southernmost “suburb” of Washington, DC.
Posted February 9, 2021