Regional Medical Director | Focus on Patient Care with Optum
- Works primarily with the physician community around issues of patients, balancing business and clinical concerns.
- Provides limited utilization management for outpatient medical, surgical and pharmacy activity. Participates in medical appeals activity.
- Reviews all 2nd-level overturned cases related to medical necessity / investigational issues in the context of potential medical policy updates. Works with the Appeals area on appeals related to utilization management issues.
- Provides medical leadership and physician advice to the quality management area with respect to quality improvement studies, quality improvement committees, primary care assessments (both office-site assessments and medical record document reviews). Performs peer reviews on quality complaints, sentinel events, and quality-of-care referrals.
- Serves as Physician Advisor for other areas within the company, including but not limited to Sales and Marketing, Underwriting, PHP, and Provider Services.
- Provides medical leadership and advice for conformance with standards and guidelines for NCQA, URAC, state and federal regulators, and other accrediting bodies.
- Travel to multiple IPA offices in designated region to meet with teams, collaborate with Physicians, coach and educate to improve overall quality outcomes; efficiencies of care and initiatives.
- Possess a current and unrestricted MD or DO license in California
- Board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience working as a Medical Director in a managed care setting with minimum three years of experience in utilization management, utilization review and prior authorization.
- **Minimum 3-5 years of experience interacting with both group and IPA Physicians including experience....
For complete description tap [HERE]
Posted April 7, 2021