Primary Care Opportunity with Indian Health Service | Exceptional Federal Benefits
Eagle Butte, SD
Inpatient and outpatient
Primary Care opportunities with Indian Health Service within the Great Plains Area (South Dakota & North Dakota)
- Assume responsibility for the diagnosis, prevention, therapeutic treatment of geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric and/or infant patients and their families.
- Examines and diagnoses the health related conditions of individuals requesting care, refers individuals for consultation when appropriate, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate therapy in conformance with approved clinical privileges.
- Educates individuals in the nature of health-related conditions, recommended, and in the general promotion of health and the prevention of disease.
- Records patient-provider transactions in the problem oriented medical record format and complete required data collection instruments, referrals, and medical records as required.
- Assists in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and orientation of Indian Health Service and Tribal staff as requested. Assists in the provision of technical assistance to Tribal and community groups as requested.
- Providing appropriate, timely assistance and instruction, and advising other Physicians or other health care professionals on patient care safety, recommended diagnostic testing and medical care decision making and treatment.
- Develops effective relationships with patients, maintaining cultural sensitivity when treating or assisting inpatient care, or discussing any complaints from patients relating to treatment and standards of care.
Benefits of Working with IHS:
- Only 1 license/50 states needed at Federal Facilities
- No Malpractice insurance needed while working at Federal Facilities
- Relocation Incentives
- Exceptional Federal Benefits, including Health and life insurance benefits
- Outstanding Federal Retirement Plan, and much more
Posted January 6, 2021