Physician Advisor-in Virginia Great schedule and advancement
WORK LIFE BALANCE- Monday through Friday schedule
We are recruiting an experienced Physician Advisor who will be a liaison between clinical staff, payers, and administrative personnel to conduct clinical reviews on cases to meet regulatory requirements in accordance with our organization’s objectives. The Advisor will focus on patient quality and safety, billing status determinations, clinical documentation, patient length of stay and utilization management. Along with employing your clinical and administrative skills, you are also an educator. Paramount to being successful and effective in this role, one must possess and display superior interpersonal skills. You must be diplomatic and adept at finessing relationships particularly when a medical professional’s behavior needs to be altered.
· Educate staff on ICD-10 documentation requirements.
· Educate medical staff on the importance of complying with hospital policies and regulations and explaining specific policy or regulation changes/Guide documentation training for physicians individually or in group settings.
· Aid hospital staff in preparing documentation for a Medicare compliance audit/Educate medical staff on coding changes or other procedural shifts.
· Mediate case conflicts between different hospital departments, teams, or individual staff members.
· Medical Degree MD or DO/ BC Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine/Virginia Licensed Physician or eligible
· Minimum one year as a Physician Advisor with inpatient practice experience/ Experience practicing medicine, preferably as an Adult Hospitalist or an ED Physician/Strong Documentation and Coding standards Strong Interpersonal skills/ Ability to build strong relationships Diplomatic/Negotiation and peace keeping skills.
Let's have an informational conversation!
Dorrie at 804-687-5280 email@example.com
50 Miles north to DC 50 miles South to Richmond!
Posted April 1, 2021