Exceptional Clinical Genetics Opportunity with Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Attending Physician
Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Nicklaus Children's Health System
Outstanding Opportunity for a BC/BE Clinical Geneticist in South Florida.
Nicklaus Children's Hospital, a 309-bed freestanding children's hospital and Level I trauma center, and Nicklaus Children’s Pediatric Specialists, the physician multispecialty group practice of Nicklaus Children's Health System, have an exceptional opportunity for a BC/BE fellowship-trained Clinical Geneticist.
- Applicants should possess a passion for advocacy and improving care for all children.
- The physician candidate should be fellowship-trained and BC/BE in clinical genetics.
- Excellent opportunities for teaching medical students, pediatric residents and rotating genetic counseling students.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- The Division of Clinical Genetics and Metabolism provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital main campus near Coral Gables and select outpatient centers in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
- Under the leadership of Parul Jayakar, MD, the division includes two physician clinical geneticists, two nurse practitioners, one genetic counselor and three medical assistants.
- The practice also provides prenatal genetic services and cancer-risk counseling through a team approach with oncology.
- Comprehensive cytogenetics, molecular genetics and biochemical genetics diagnostic laboratories are available on site.
- The group also collaborates on multidisciplinary teams with pediatric specialists in immunology, hematology/oncology, cardiology, neurology, rehab, endocrinology and psychology.
- The candidate will also have the opportunity to be part of several new healthcare initiatives including telemedicine and a personalized medicine initiative.
About Nicklaus Children's Health System
Founded in 1950 by Variety Clubs International, Nicklaus Children's Health System is South Florida's only licensed specialty hospital exclusively for children, with nearly 800 attending physicians and more than 475 pediatric sub-specialists. The 309-bed hospital, known as Miami Children's Health System from 1983 through 2014, is renowned for excellence in all aspects of pediatric medicine, with many programs routinely ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report, since 2008. The hospital is also home to the largest pediatric teaching program in the southeastern United States and has been designated an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet facility, the nursing profession's most prestigious institutional honor.
The Nicklaus Children's Hospital network includes more than a dozen outpatient centers extending from Palm Beach County to southern Miami-Dade County, offering a range of pediatric healthcare services, including urgent care, rehabilitation services and subspecialty physician appointments for children of all ages, including up to age 21.
We are committed to being a resource for children from throughout South Florida and around the world.
Posted January 15, 2021