Baltimore, Maryland - 225,000 Earning Potential, Flexible Schedule and Comprehensive Benefits
Inpatient and outpatient
Hospice/Palliative Care Physician – Baltimore, MD
Salary $190,000 - $225,000
This organization makes a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care. They bring together an interdisciplinary team of caring professionals who care for the physical, psycho-social, spiritual, and bereavement needs of our patients. From highly trained physicians, to skilled nurse case managers, to our supportive care team and our amazing volunteers, the team is always here for our patients.
- $190,000 - $225,000 base salary DOE
- Flexible schedules – true quality of life
- 4 weeks PTO
- EMR – Homecare/Homebase
- Team: physician, nurse, social worker, chaplain & music therapist
- Comprehensive health insurance benefits, retirement plan, 401k and malpractice insurance
- Job Requirements: Physician with MD/DO degree – Board Certified or TRULY Board Eligible with a valid medical license
- Position is not J1 or H1B visa eligible
- Review clinical material of referring physicians to document basic disease process, drug regimen and assessment of the patient's health and prognosis at the time of admission
- Assist in developing the plan of care for each patient/family in coordination with the attending physician and the interdisciplinary team
- Review the active medical and/or palliative care provided in the home or inpatient setting
- Act as a consultant to the patient's physician and other members of the hospice team. Act as the liaison between the patient's attending physician and the Interdisciplinary team and helps resolve conflicting care situations.
- Participate in making decisions regarding admission to hospice home care or inpatient care in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team
- Certify, in conjunction with the attending physician, that the patient's life expectancy is not expected to exceed six months. Also, recertify limited life expectancy at appropriate intervals.
- Attend and actively participate in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Maintain a regular schedule of participation in all components of the hospice care program to which assigned. Assure 24/7 availability of physician coverage for routine and emergency situations, arranges coverage when unavailable with a two-week notice provided to the Medical Director for planned absences.
- Participate in establishing written guidelines for symptom control, pain, nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms
- Assist in developing opportunities to conduct in service presentations and participate in educational programs for staff and volunteers, in addition to palliation and management of the terminal illness and related conditions
- Physician will meet the general medical needs of the patients to the extent that these needs are not met by the attending physician
- Attend and actively participate in patient/family care conferences when requested to do so by the Executive Director or Designee
- Act as a medical liaison with other physicians in the community
Job ID: PLM 11854389
Posted June 17, 2020