Leadership Opportunity as a Medical Director with University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
Keck Hospital of USC
University of Southern California - Keck School of Medicine
The Department of Family Medicine of the Keck School of Medicine of USC (DFM) is seeking a full-time physician Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine (Clinician Educator), to join the faculty practice and serve as Medical Director.
- Assists the Vice-Chair of Clinical Affairs and Clinical Administrator in providing operational and administrative leadership to the DFM private practice. ~ 40% of time.
- Gathers input from clinicians on changes in operational processes and supports the development and achievement of programs and practices.
- Oversees private practice operations and innovations to increase quality of care, joy in practice, and patient satisfaction.
- Recommends strategy for quality and process improvements, clinical expansion and productivity growth.
- Represents the DFM at various ambulatory quality, clinical practice, risk management, and patient experience committees at the Keck Medical Center.
- Collaborates with hospital operations management to enhance clinical efficiencies and team collaboration.
- Builds and maintains an active outpatient panel. Estimated 60% of time.
- Develops patient-centered care plans that incorporate counseling on healthy lifestyle choices, preventative medical care and psychosocial stressors, as well as coordination of referrals to specialty and behavioral health services.
- Oversight of clinics with med students and residents
- Performs medical procedures/examinations such as: physical exams, minor procedures, pap Smears, suturing and wound care and caring for adults and children with acute and chronic conditions.
- Participates on-call panel for ill or injured patients and those seeking medical advice after hours.
• At least 4 years experience as a Medical Director in primary care clinics
• Data-driven, quality improvement processes/projects results
• Creating and empowering high functioning teams
Posted July 14, 2021