Mass General Brigham Community Physicians
Palliative Care Physician, Inpatient Palliative Care Consult Service
The Newton-Wellesley Hospital (NWH) Division of Palliative Care is seeking a BE/BC Hospice and Palliative Medicine physician to join our multidisciplinary inpatient consult team consisting of physicians, nurse practitioners, a social worker, and a chaplain. NWH is a 273-bed academic community hospital in the Boston metro area and a member of the Mass General Brigham integrated health care system. NWH is a community teaching affiliate of the Tufts University School of Medicine and hosts training and educational programs from Harvard Medical School.
The Palliative Care Inpatient Consult Physician is a part-time position (0.5 FTE) that includes clinical care on the inpatient consult service, teaching and supervision of residents and medical students, as well as opportunities for quality improvement and other administrative work. Academic appointment to the clinical faculty at Tufts Medical School is anticipated.
Key Division Characteristics
The Division of Palliative Care at NWH provides specialized, interdisciplinary palliative care services in the following settings:
- Inpatient consultations for patients with complex, advanced illness admitted to NWH
- Ambulatory co-management of patients with advanced cancer in the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley (MGHCC@NWH)
- There are anticipated plans to expand ambulatory services to patients with non-oncologic serious illness diagnoses.
All Attending Physicians employed by the NWH Division of Palliative Care are Board Certified/Board Eligible in Hospice & Palliative Medicine. In addition to core clinical responsibilities, all physicians within the Division are expected to contribute to educational and quality improvement initiatives:
- Precept clinical rotations for medical learners (NWH Transitional Year Interns, Tufts Medical Students) and bedside teaching for Massachusetts General Hospital and Tufts University Medical Center housestaff
- Prepare and conduct teaching sessions for institutional educational conferences
- Train and participate as small group facilitator for the NWH Serious Illness Conversation Training Program
- Committee and Divisional QI project participation as designated by Chief of the Division
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to Jacqueline Storella, Director of Physician Recruitment, at email@example.com
Mass General Brigham HealthCare System is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Women, people with identities underrepresented in medicine, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates must be committed to working with a diverse student and community populations. Newton-Wellesley is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive educational, work, and clinical care environment.
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted February 7, 2024