Pulmonary Critical Care - Academic Medical Center
Kansas City, KS
Academic Critical Care Medicine faculty positions:
The University of Kansas Health Care System, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, is recruiting two Critical Care faculty positions at its main campus in Kansas City, Kansas. The University of Kansas Hospital is expanding critical care services to cover a bone marrow transplant ICU in addition to core Medical ICUs. The Division currently includes 40 faculty from diverse backgrounds with expertise in basic, clinical and translational research and is ranked #42 by the U.S. News and World Report.
The group is seeking applicants with an interest in clinical and translational research with direct application to critical care medicine including those with an active research program. Applicants may be at the Assistant, Associate or full Professor level.
- Provide inpatient medical care to critical care patients in a tertiary care teaching hospital.
- Diagnose, manage, and deliver care to critically ill patients in one of 5 Medical ICU teams, inclusive of bone marrow and solid organ transplants.
- Lead ICU teams comprised of trainees, advanced practice providers (Critical Care certified), nurses and specialists to oversee care for critically ill patients.
- Supervise, teach, and train medical students, residents and pulmonary and critical care fellows.
- Closed ICU model
- Develop and conduct research and clinical trials in the field of critical care medicine
- Access to clinical trials units, medical informatics and biostatistical support for critical care research
- Access to research coordinators and basic science laboratories to support critical care research
The Health System:
· The University of Kansas Health System is the region’s premier academic medical center providing access to over 200 medical specialties/services and to top specialists in their field
· 910-bed facility with a new surgical tower
Posted April 1, 2021