Consultation Liaison Psychiatrist
Inpatient and outpatient
Jacobi Medical Center is a modern, state-of-the-art, Level 1 Trauma Center located in an attractive and safe residential Bronx neighborhood just 20 minutes north of Manhattan. It is a teaching site and academic affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
The inpatient service has an opening for a CL Staff Psychiatrist. The CL psychiatrist will have the responsibility for providing consultations referred by the medical, surgical, pediatric and obstetric services. He/she will report to the Chief of the Consultation-Liaison Service and Inpatient Director
Responsibilities will include:
· Teaching and supervision of psychiatry residents, psychologists, psychology interns, medical students as well as significant teaching of residents from all other specialties. He/she will participate in ethics meetings, court hearings, and multidisciplinary rounds.
- Direct supervision of Psychologists, Social Workers, Psychiatric PA staff and Medical Students
- Participation in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and student supervision, education & training
- Participate in our innovative integrative care activities
· Eligible for license in the state of NY
· ABMS Board Certified or Board eligible
· Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
· Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency program
· Experience working in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
· Superior clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills.
· Bilingual English/Spanish
You will receive:
· A very competitive salary
· An excellent benefits package
· An Academic Appointment at AECOM
· Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
· Opportunities for Leadership Education
· Opportunities for Research
Posted October 9, 2019