Find Your Place in Pittsburgh as a Stroke Medical Director with Nationally Recognized Allegheny Health Network
Allegheny General Hospital
Allegheny Health Network
The Allegheny Health Network (AHN), Neuroscience Institute is recruiting a full time Vascular Neurologist to serve as a Stroke Medical Director at our Comprehensive Stroke Center located at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh PA.
- Skilled clinician with Vascular Neurology Fellowship training to manage inpatient stroke service, participate in Telestroke service coverage, and staff outpatient vascular neurology clinics
- Serve as a Physician leader in a multi-specialty group practice and health care system
- Stroke Director is responsible for day to day operations at the site and is accountable for clinical, professional, administrative, education, research and quality issues
- Involved in establishing and managing hospital’s cerebrovascular program KPI performance, developing new initiatives as part of the Stroke Care Path and process improvement plans, safety and outcomes, and resource allocation within the stroke program
- Participate in the training and education of neurology residents
- Be a team player and active participant in the development and growth of the cerebrovascular program at the health network
- Assist with the maintenance and expansion of stroke certification status for all AHN network hospitals
- Assist with the expansion of the AHN Telestroke program
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Vascular Neurology
- Pennsylvania License
- Vascular Neurology Fellowship
AHN Proudly Offers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Who we are:
Nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems serving Western, PA –ten diverse hospitals, over 250 health care facilities and growing!
About Allegheny Health Network
Allegheny Health Network has received numerous national, regional and local accolades for superior outcomes, quality care, and positive impacts on the communities we serve. Comprised of 14 hospitals, 5 Health+Wellness Pavilions and more than 250 primary and specialty care practices, the AHN team includes approximately 2,400 physicians, 21,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
Our physicians continually explore and develop new treatments that allow us to bring medical discoveries from the laboratory directly to patients. These breakthroughs help to save lives and give patients access to the latest treatments for disease and medical conditions. Allegheny Health Network is also committed to educating and training the next generation of doctors by serving as the clinical campus for both Temple University School of Medicine and Drexel University College of Medicine.
We have received accolades from numerous organizations, including Thomson Reuters, AARP, Healthgrades, and Consumer Reports. These accolades recognize our dedication to excellence, but they also strengthen our ability to tackle the diseases that confront us today so that we may find a cure for tomorrow.
Posted July 20, 2022