Telehealth Urgent Care Physician - California (Telecommute)
As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, MedExpress is seeking a full-time Telehealth Urgent Care Physician to join our team. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- 100% work from home (no onsite)
- Hours of operation are 7a-11p, 365 days per year
- Providers work 12-hour shifts any time in between 7a-11p
- Full-time employment at 15 shifts per month, 2 weekends included
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Provider will deliver telehealth urgent care visits to patients of all ages.
- Provides and manages remote patient care, using audio and visual technology to complete patient examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment plans. Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately through audio visual consultations with patients and able to address patient concerns through these medias.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions. Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Educate patients on the risks and benefits of treatments ensuring the patient is a part of the decision-making process.
- Supervision of advanced practice clinicians when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations.
- Experience using audio/visual technology or video conferencing platforms.
- Unrestricted state licensure preferred in California
Posted September 2, 2021