Inpatient and outpatient
Full Time Psychiatrist
Great Opportunity to Grow with Armor Correctional Health Services, Inc. in Florida!
Provides medical psychiatric assessments and services to patients in a correctional facility.
- Supervises and manages the daily operations of the prescribing of psychotropic medications to the mentally ill population; serves on committees as appropriate and conduct staff in-service training.
- Assesses patient's mental status and medical needs; based upon diagnosis direct the formulation of treatment plans; monitors patient's progress and modifies treatment plans as indicated.
- Maintains records and provides documentation associated with services delivered.
- Certifies a patient for inpatient hospital or acute care psychiatric facility as appropriate.
Provides evaluations as required by the courts.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of mental health diagnosis and treatment.
• Knowledge of mental health diagnostic and patient care services.
• Ability to supervise and train employees.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids.
• Ability to observe, assess and record symptoms, reactions and progress using the POMR method of charting. • Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of mental health services.
• Knowledge of federal, state, correctional accrediting body standards, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of mental health services.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Please call or email me for a more in depth review of the psychiatrist job description.
Posted June 1, 2020