Dr. Alam is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office20/20 Vision Care Clinic
1 Eglinton Square
Boston, MA 02115Phone(416) 751-5202
- Is this information wrong?
- Fidaul Alam, MD, is a Harvard educated clinical scholar with additional certified training in Interventional Radiology from UCSF & the Society of Interventional Radiology (USA). He is motivated by an intense desire to care for patients and passionate about delivering technology-enabled & analytically optimized healthcare solutions to market which dramatically improve care quality while driving down the total cost of care. He is currently the Managing Director at 20/20 Vision Care Clinic in Toronto, an MBA candidate at the Ivey Business School, and is pursuing his board certification with the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Fidaul collaborated with other innovators in medicine in the timely release of a report by MIT — Trust or Consequences 2040: Will Innovations in Health and Medicine Deliver? — just few weeks before the first cases of COVID-19 were made public describing, through a series of hypothetical events, the state of the current environment, the disruptions that would occur and the importance of trust being a key prerequisite for the adoption of many of the needed medical breakthroughs. Since that publication, through the MIT Hacking Medicine Initiative, he has led several of his team towards winning digital health competitions geared towards developing and testing new medtech innovations with the goal that the benefits of these solutions will pass beyond the pandemic — reshaping the post-COVID world into a more just and caring place.
By leveraging his prior experience as a TEDMED Research Scholar, Fidaul remains dedicated to medtech innovation and is committed to tackling healthcare system challenges head on. He advocates for policies that restore public trust in the incredibly complex healthcare system of the digital age and endeavours to combine his knowledge of healthcare with his business acumen to enhance value-based healthcare companies that benefit all stakeholders including patients at a systems level.
Education & Training
- Ivey Business School at Western UniversityMBA, 2021
- Harvard Medical SchoolPost-Doctoral Fellowship, Clinical Trials, Epidemiology, Medical Research, 2019
- Society of Interventional RadiologyCertificate, Interventional Radiology (Research Internship), 2018 - 2018
- University of California, San FranciscoCertificate, Interventional Radiology Externship, 2018
- OtherClass of 2017, MD
- American University of Antigua COMMedical School, Basic Sciences
- The University of Western OntarioBSc, Medical Sciences & Sociology
- Innovation, MIT2019 - Present
- Research Scholar, TEDMED2019 - Present
- Medical Director, 20/20 Vision Care Clinic2018 - Present
- Instructor, ACS Committee on Trauma Bleeding Control2018 - 2019
- Ophthalmic Technician, 20/20 Vision Care Clinic2008 - 2011
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: