Abass Alavi, MD
Professor of Radiology, University Pennsylvania
- 3400 Spruce Street
Ground Floor Dulles
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone: (215) 662-3005
Fax: (215) 662-7011
Dr. Alavi's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Radiology: Nuclear Medicine
Dr. Alavi's Education & Medical Training
- University of Pennsylvania Health SystemResidency, Radiology
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterResidency, Radiology
- University of Pennsylvania Health SystemFellowship, Hematology
- Medical College of Pennsylvania and HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine
- Albert Einstein Healthcare NetworkResidency, Internal Medicine
- Albert Einstein Healthcare NetworkInternship, Transitional Year
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences School of MedicineMedical School
Dr. Alavi's Certifications & Licensure
- PA State Medical License1972 - 2014
- American Board of Internal MedicineInternal Medicine
- American Board of Nuclear MedicineNuclear Medicine
Dr. Alavi's Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Super DoctorSuperDoctors.com
Dr. Alavi's Clinical Trials
- FDG-PET Imaging in Complicated Diabetic Foot (Protocol Version Dated 3/01/2004)Start of enrollment: 2002 Oct 01
Alavi, A.,Chryssikos, T.J.,Tang, P.H.
- Evaluation of Multimodality Breast Imaging: Lesion StagingStart of enrollment: 2002 Mar 01
- FDG-PET Imaging in Painful Joint Prosthesis (Protocol Amendment, Version 11, Dated 9/2005)Start of enrollment: 2001 Mar 01
Alavi, A.,Chryssikos, T.J.
- Prospective Investigation of Pulmonary Embolism Diagnosis (PIOPED)Start of enrollment: 1983 Sep 01
Alavi, A.,Greenspan, R.,Hales, C.,Saltzman, H.,Stein, P.,Weg, J.
Dr. Alavi's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- The pivotal role of FDG-PET/CT in modern medicine. Hess, S.,Blomberg, B. A.,Zhu, H. J.,Høilund-Carlsen, P. F.,Alavi, A.; Acad Radiol. 2014 Jan 21.
- FDG-PET/CT assessment of differential chemotherapy effects upon skeletal muscle metabolism in patients with melanoma. Goncalves, M. D.,Alavi, A.,Torigian, D. A.; Ann Nucl Med. 2014 Feb 25.
- Serial Changes of FDG Uptake and Diagnosis of Suspected Lung Malignancy: A Lesion-Based Analysis. Cheng, G.,Alavi, A.,Werner, T. J.,Del Bello, C. V.,Akers, S. R.; Clin Nucl Med. 2013 Dec 26.
Register to See Citations and 40 More...
Physicians, view Dr. Alavi's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Radiology, PA)
- Anne Dunne, MD
- Pamela Flick, MD
- Aaron Wyse, MD
- Ronald Kihm, MD
- Geoffrey Gardiner, MD
- Maryanne Webster, MD
- Robert Guay, MD
- Mary Strickland, MD
- Marion Brody, MD
- Dennis Jankowski, MD