Are you Dr. Shires?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 36 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office701 10th St SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403Phone(319) 398-6011Fax(319) 743-7311
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Adam Shires, DO is a board certified anesthesiologist in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Iowa and Wisconsin. He is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids and UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Hospital.
Education & Training
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, IncResidency, Anesthesiology, 2005 - 2009
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic MedicineClass of 2005
Certifications & Licensure
- IA State License 2009 - 2022
- WI State License 2006 - 2009
- American Board of Anesthesiology Anesthesiology
Publications & Presentations
- 10 citationsCASE 4—2009 Severe Reexpansion Pulmonary Edema After Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Replacement: Management Using Extracorporeal Membrane OxygenationAdam L. Shires, Thomas M. Green, Haley L.P. Owen, Thomas N. Hansen, Zafar Iqbal, Sandeep Markan, R. Eric Lilly, Paul S. Pagel, Peter Slinger, Joseph J. DeRose> ;Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. 2009 Aug 1
- Isoelectric focusing and enzyme overlay membrane analysis of caspase 3 activation.Thomas B. Breithaupt, Adam L. Shires, David Voehringer, Leonard A. Herzenberg, Leonore A. Herzenberg> ;Analytical Biochemistry. 2001 May 15