Dr. Dromerick is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeMedStar National Rehabilitation Network
102 Irving St Nw
Washington, DC 20010Phone(202) 877-1946Fax(202) 291-1116
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of Pennsylvania Health SystemResidency, Neurology, 1988 - 1992
- University of MarylandInternship, Internal Medicine, 1987 - 1988
- University of Maryland School of MedicineClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 2006 - 2022
- DC State Medical License 2005 - 2022
- NJ State Medical License 1992 - 1993
- RI State Medical License 1992 - 1993
- PA State Medical License 1990 - 1993
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- University Committee of Neurologic SubspecialitiesNeurorehabilitation and Neural Repair
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Health Advocacy Award American Occupational Therapy Association, 2016
- Fellow American Society for Neurorehabilitation, 2016
- John W. Goldschmidt Award for Excellence in Rehabilitation National Rehabilitation Hospital, 2014
- Join now to see all
- Critical Periods After Stroke Study (CPASS) Start of enrollment: 2014 Jul 01Dromerick, A.W.,McCloskey, M.G.
- Arm Rehabilitation Study After Stroke Start of enrollment: 2009 Jun 01Dromerick, A.,Winstein, C.J.,Nelsen, M.A.,Wolf, S.
- Preventing Recurrence of Thromboembolic Events Through Coordinated Treatment in the District of Columbia Start of enrollment: 2008 Apr 01Dromerick, A.,Kidwell, C.S.
Publications & Presentations
- Critical Period After Stroke Study (CPASS): A phase II clinical trial testing an optimal time for motor recovery after stroke in humans.Alexander W. Dromerick, Shashwati Geed, Jessica Barth, Kathaleen P. Brady, Margot L. Giannetti, Abigail Mitchell, Matthew A. Edwardson, Ming Tan, Yizhao Zhou, Elissa L...> ;Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2021 Sep 28
- Shoulder position and handedness differentially affect excitability and intracortical inhibition of hand musclesShashwati Geed, Megan Grainger, Michelle L. Harris-Love, Peter S. Lum, Alexander W. Dromerick> ;Experimental Brain Research. 2021 Mar 9
- Emotion recognition impairments and social well-being following right-hemisphere stroke.Katherine O'Connell, Abigail A. Marsh, Dorothy F. Edwards, Alexander W. Dromerick, Anna Seydell-Greenwald> ;Neuropsychological Rehabilitation. 2021 Feb 21
- Join now to see all
- The Best Time for Rehabilitation After a Stroke Might Actually Be 2 to 3 Months LaterSeptember 28th, 2021
- Stroke Research Shows Optimal Timing for Arm and Hand RehabilitationSeptember 21st, 2021
- Stroke Rehab May Be Most Effective a Couple Months After the StrokeSeptember 21st, 2021
- American Society for NeurorehabiliationMember
- American Academy of NeurologyMember
- Association of Academic PhysiatristsMember
- American Heart AssociationFellow
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: