Are you Dr. Nelson?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 47 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office9103 Jefferson Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70809Phone+1 225-927-1190Fax+1 225-706-0160
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Andrew Nelson, MD is a gastroenterologist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana and Texas. He is affiliated with Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center and Baton Rouge General Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Baylor University Medical CenterFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1995 - 1997
- University of Texas Health Science Center at HoustonResidency, Internal Medicine, 1992 - 1995
- McGovern Medical School at UTHealthClass of 1992
Certifications & Licensure
- LA State Medical License 1997 - 2023
- TX State Medical License 1993 - 1997
- American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology
- National Board of Physicians and Surgeons Gastroenterology
- National Board of Physicians and Surgeons Internal Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsGastritis secondary to herpes simplex virus.Andrew C. Nelson, Jeffrey S. Crippin> ;The American Journal of Gastroenterology. 1997 Nov 1