Are you Dr. Knapp?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 68 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4092 Foxwood Dr
Virginia Beach, VA 23462Phone(757) 467-4200
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Barry Knapp, MD is a board certified emergency medicine physician in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Virginia and Pennsylvania. He is affiliated with Sentara Leigh Hospital, Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Education & Training
- Allegheny Health Network Medical Education ConsortiumResidency, Emergency Medicine, 1994 - 1997
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityClass of 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1997 - 2024
- PA State Medical License 1996 - 1998
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Emergency Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACEP) American College of Emergency Physicians
Publications & Presentations
- The Evolution of Ultrasound in Medicine: A Case Report of Point-of-care Ultrasound in the Self-diagnosis of Acute Appendicitis.Barry J. Knapp, Kean Feyzeau, Austin Smith, Donald V. Byars, Craig Goodmurphy, Matt Jones> ;Clinical practice and cases in emergency medicine. 2020 Nov 1
- 8 citationsEmergency Physician-performed Transesophageal Echocardiography in Simulated Cardiac Arrest.Don Byars, Jordan Tozer, John Michael Joyce, Michael J. Vitto, Lindsay Taylor, Turan Kayagil, Matt Jones, Matthew C. Bishop, Barry J. Knapp, David Evans> ;Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2017 Jul 19
- 7 citationsLearner Improvement From a Simulation-Enhanced Ultrasonography Curriculum for First-Year Medical Students.Geoffrey T Miller, Mark W. Scerbo, Samantha Zybak, Donald V. Byars, Craig Goodmurphy, Frank A. Lattanzio, Barry J. Knapp, Felicia Toreno, Alex Levitov, Sarah Shaves, A...> ;Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine. 2017 Mar 1
- Join now to see all
- Seven Facts on Coronavirus Preparations at Hampton Roads HospitalsMarch 2nd, 2020