Dr. Alencar is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1503 B North Road Street
Elizabeth City, NC 27909Phone(252) 331-2044
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Cristina Alencar is an oncologist in Elizabeth City, NC and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Chesapeake Regional Medical Center and Sentara Albemarle Medical Center. She received her medical degree from Federal University of Ceara Faculty of Medicine and has been in practice 17 years. She specializes in hematologic oncology and is experienced in squamous cell carcinoma of the larynx, anemia of chronic kidney disease, branchiogenic carcinoma, tubular carcinoma of the breast, and squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx.
Education & Training
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of MedicineFellowship, Hematology and Medical Oncology, 2006 - 2009
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemResidency, Internal Medicine, 2003 - 2006
- Federal University of Ceara Faculty of MedicineClass of 2000
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2012 - 2022
- VA State Medical License 2012 - 2022
- KY State Medical License 2009 - 2015
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 38 citationsAberrant Epigenetic and Genetic Marks Are Seen in Myelodysplastic Leukocytes and Reveal Dock4 as a Candidate Pathogenic Gene on Chromosome 7qLi Zhou, Joanna Opalinska, Davendra Sohal, Yiting Yu, Yongkai Mo, Tushar D. Bhagat, Omar Abdel-Wahab, Melissa Fazzari, Maria E. Figueroa, Cristina Alencar, Jinghang Zh...> ;Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2011 Jul 15
- 91 citationsReduced SMAD7 Leads to Overactivation of TGF-β Signaling in MDS that Can Be Reversed by a Specific Inhibitor of TGF-β Receptor I KinaseLi Zhou, Christine McMahon, Tushar D. Bhagat, Cristina Alencar, Yiting Yu, Melissa Fazzari, Davendra Sohal, Christoph Heuck, Krishna Gundabolu, Chun Ng, Yongkai Mo, Wa...> ;Cancer Research. 2011 Feb 1
- 19 citationsAtypical presentations of Sweet's syndrome in patients with MDS/AML receiving combinations of hypomethylating agents with histone deacetylase inhibitors.Cristina Alencar, Matthew Abramowtiz, Samir Parekh, Ira Braunshweig, Mark Jacobson, Lewis B. Silverman, Amit Verma> ;American Journal of Hematology. 2009 Oct 1
- Doctors and Patients Offer Hope for Women with Metastatic Breast CancerOctober 14th, 2021
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: