Are you Dr. McGiffin?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 37 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office619 19th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35233Phone(205) 934-6600
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. David McGiffin, MD is a vascular surgeon in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama. He is affiliated with Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center and is a Professor at University of Alabama School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- The University of Queensland Medical SchoolClass of 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1993 - 2021
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsHeart Transplantation From Brain Dead Donors: A Systematic Review of Animal ModelsLouise E. See Hoe, M. Wells, Nicole Bartnikowski, Nchafatso G. Obonyo, Jonathan E Millar, Aimee Khoo, Katrina K Ki, T. Shuker, Alessandro Ferraioli, S. Colombo, W. Cha...> ;Transplantation. 2020 Nov 1
- Hypothermic Ex Vivo Perfusion: Protecting the Donor Heart and the Recipient.Louise E. See Hoe, Jacky Y. Suen, Gianluigi Li Bassi, D. McGiffin, John F. Fraser> ;Asaio Journal. 2020 Jul 1
- 1 citationsEthics and governance is becoming unethical: time for some common sense?David C. McGiffin, Christina Kure, Christopher S. Hayward, John F. Fraser> ;Anz Journal of Surgery. 2019 Dec 1
- Join now to see all
- Lung Transplant Recipient Reunites with Her Surgeon After 22 YearsFebruary 23rd, 2016
- Last Survivor of Cancer Study Celebrates 22 Years with Donated LungFebruary 23rd, 2016
- Melbourne Man Receives New Heart in Alfred Hospital's World-Record Breaking TransplantOctober 12th, 2021
- Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama