Dr. McCann is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office178 Narrows Pond Road
Winthrop, ME 04364Phone(207) 377-4848Fax(207) 784-3537
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Dervilla McCann MD MPH is a health care executive with expertise in managed care, population health, cardiology and hypercholesterolemia. She is a lecturer at the Harvard School of Public Health, and current president of the Maine chapter of the American Heart Association. She received her medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine and a Masters in Public Health from the Harvard Chan School of Public Health. Her most recent positions at Central Maine Health Care included interim Chief Medical Officer, VP of provider Affairs, and Medical Director of the Central Maine ACO.
Education & Training
- Harvard Chan School of Public HealthMPH, Management and Policy, 2014 - 2015
- Naval Medical Center (San Diego)Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1990 - 1993
- NYU Grossman School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1984 - 1987
- Tufts University School of MedicineClass of 1984
Certifications & Licensure
- ME State Medical License 1996 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 1986 - 1996
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- Heart/Stroke Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2011-2014
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
Publications & Presentations
- Self-Efficacy, Perceived Barriers to Care, and Health-Promoting Behaviors Among Franco-Americans Across Cardiovascular Risk Factors: A Cross-Sectional Study.Reed Mszar, Sara Buscher, Dervilla McCann, Heidi L. Taylor> ;American Journal of Health Promotion. 2021 Jun 1
- 3 citationsFamilial Hypercholesterolemia and the Founder Effect Among Franco-Americans: A Brief History and Call to Action.Reed Mszar, Sara Buscher, Heidi L. Taylor, Mary T. Rice-DeFosse, Dervilla McCann> ;CJC open. 2020 Jan 25
- 30 citationsLongitudinal low density lipoprotein cholesterol goal achievement and cardiovascular outcomes among adult patients with familial hypercholesterolemia: The CASCADE FH r...P. Barton Duell, Samuel S. Gidding, Rolf Andersen, Thomas Knickelbine, Lars Anderson, Eugenia Gianos, Peter Shrader, Iris Kindt, Emily C. O'Brien, Dervilla McCann, Lin...> ;Atherosclerosis. 2019 Aug 19
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: