Are you Dr. Opel?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 46 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4245 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105Phone(206) 598-3000Fax(206) 598-6963
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Douglas Opel, MD is a board certified pediatrician in Seattle, Washington. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Washington. He is affiliated with UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center and Seattle Children's Hospital.
Education & Training
- University of WashingtonResidency, Pediatrics, 2002 - 2006
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineClass of 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- WA State Medical License 2005 - 2023
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAAP) American Academy of Pediatrics
- Screening for Hesitancy to Optimize Talk Start of enrollment: 2016 Mar 01Douglas J Opel, MD, MPH
- Presumptively Initiating Vaccines and Optimizing Talk With Motivational Interviewing (PIVOT With MI) Sean O'Leary, MD, MPH and Douglas Opel, MD, MPH
Publications & Presentations
- Influenza-Related Knowledge, Beliefs, and Experiences Among Caregivers of Hospitalized Children.Annika M. Hofstetter, Douglas J. Opel, Melissa S. Stockwell, Clarissa Hsu, M. Patricia deHart, Chuan Zhou, Rita Mangione-Smith, Janet A. Englund> ;Hospital pediatrics. 2021 Aug 1
- Associations Between Health Care Professional Communication Practices and Influenza Vaccination of Hospitalized ChildrenAnnika M. Hofstetter, Douglas J. Opel, Melissa S. Stockwell, Clarissa Hsu, Chuan Zhou, Rita Mangione-Smith, Janet A. Englund> ;Academic Pediatrics. 2021 Jul 2
- How Attendings Can Help Residents Navigate Moral Distress: A Qualitative Study.Jimmy Beck, Kimberly O'Hara, Carla Falco, Hannah K. Bassett, Cameron L. Randall, Stephanie Cruz, Kirsten Senturia, Janice L. Hanson, Julia Wignall, Douglas J. Opel> ;Academic Pediatrics. 2021 Jun 17
- Join now to see all
- Factors Affecting COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptability in the USOctober 31st, 2020
- What Will Convince Americans to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine?October 20th, 2020
- Your NEJM Group Today: Hospital Flu-Vaccine Mandates / Surgery for Meniscal Tears? / West Virginia EM Director OpportunityMarch 2nd, 2018
- Join now to see all
- Seattle Children's HospitalSeattle, Washington
- UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical CenterSeattle, Washington