Edward Benzel, MD
Professor of Neurological Surgery, Case West Res University
- 9500 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44195
Phone: (800) 223-2273
Dr. Benzel's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Neurosurgery: General Neurosurgery
Dr. Benzel's Education & Medical Training
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated HospitalsResidency, Neurological Surgery
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated HospitalsResidency, General Surgery
- Medical College of WisconsinMedical School
Dr. Benzel's Certifications & Licensure
- NM State Medical LicenseActive through 2014
- OH State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- NY State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- WI State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- IL State Medical LicenseActive through 2014
- American Board of Neurological SurgeryNeurological Surgery
Dr. Benzel's Awards, Honors, & Recognition
Dr. Benzel's Clinical Trials
- The CSM Trial: A Multicenter Study Comparing Ventral to Dorsal Surgery for Cervical Spondylotic MyelopathyStart of enrollment: 2006 Nov 01
Apfelbaum, R.,Benzel, E.C.,Coumans, J.,Ghogawala, Z.,Heary, R.,Magge, S.N.
- A Phase II Multicenter, Randomized-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Autologous Incubated Macrophages for the Treatment of Patients With Complete Spinal Cord InjuriesStart of enrollment: 2003 Sep 01
Benzel, E.,Knoller, N.,Lammertse, D.,Sipski, M.
- Greenwich Lumbar Stenosis SLIP Study: A Multi-center, Randomized, Prospective Clinical Trial Comparing Spinal Laminectomy to Laminectomy With Instrumented Pedicle Screw Fusion for Lumbar Stenosis With Grade I SpondylolisthesisStart of enrollment: 2002 May 01
Benzel, E.C.,Ghogawala, Z.
Dr. Benzel's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for metastatic spine tumors. Chan, N. K.,Abdullah, K. G.,Lubelski, D.,Steinmetz, M. P.,Benzel, E. C.,Shin, J. H.,Mroz, T. E.; J Neurosurg Sci. 2014 Mar 13.
- Interpreting Incidental Durotomy Rates in Minimally Invasive versus Traditional Techniques in Retrospective Studies: A WORD OF CAUTION. Kshettry, V. R.,Benzel, E. C.; World Neurosurg. 2014 Mar 13.
- Biomechanical Analysis of the Thoracic Spine Following Decompressive Procedures. Healy, A. T.,Lubelski, D.,Mageswaran, P.,Bhowmick, D. A.,Bartsch, A. J.,Benzel, E. C.,Mroz, T. E.; Spine J. 2013 Dec 03.
Register to See Citations and 97 More...
Dr. Benzel's Professional Memberships
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Illinois PPO
- BCBS North Carolina BlueOptions PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Great West PPO
- HealthAmerica HealthAssurance PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Medical Mutual of Ohio SuperMed Plus
- Medical Mutual of Ohio SuperMed POS
- Multiplan PHCS PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Dr. Edward Benzel, Dr. Edward Benzel, MD, Dr. E Benzel, Dr. Edward C Benzel
- 32 Colleague Invites!
- Is this you? If so, register to see 32 messages.
Physicians, view Dr. Benzel's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Neurosurgery, OH)
- Pier Peruzzi, MD
- Robert Gewirtz, MD
- Michael Moncman, DO
- Jeffrey Schweitzer, MD
- Ronald Warnick, MD
- Jonathan Borden, MD
- Stewart Dunsker, MD
- Bhupinder Sawhny, MD
- Cesar Rojas Villegas, MD
- Christian Bonasso, MD