Are you Dr. Cornwell?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 79 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2041 Georgia Ave NW
Washington, DC 20060Phone+1 202-865-7385Fax+1 202-741-2238
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Edward Cornwell III, MD is a general surgeon in Washington, District of Columbia. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in District of Columbia, California, and Maryland. He is affiliated with Howard University Hospital and is an Associate Professor of Surgery at Johns Hopkins University.
Education & Training
- University of MarylandFellowship, Surgical Critical Care, 1987 - 1989
- University of Southern California/LAC+USC Medical CenterResidency, Surgery, 1982 - 1987
- Howard University College of MedicineClass of 1982
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 1993 - Present
- DC State Medical License 1989 - 2022
- MD State Medical License 1987 - 2012
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FCCM) American College of Critical Care Medicine
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- Postoperative atrial fibrillation following non-cardiac surgery: Predictors and risk of mortality.L H Prince-Wright, O Akinyemi, S O Nnorom, E S Bauer, E E Cornwell Iii, T M Fullum> ;American journal of surgery. 2022 Jul 20
- Postmenopausal virilization secondary to a large ovarian cystadenoma with stromal hyperthecosis.Wasay Nizam, Adil A. Shah, Edward E. Cornwell, Tammey Naab, Mallory Williams> ;Clinical Case Reports. 2021 Sep 1
- Gallstone Ileus with COVID‐19 Infection: An Unintended Sequela of Non‐Operative Management of Acute Cholecystitis During the COVID‐19 PandemicAdil A. Shah, Shai Stewart, Ahmed Raza, Wasay Nizam, Mikael Petrosyan, Mallory Williams, Edward E. Cornwell> ;Clinical Case Reports. 2021 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
- Howard University HospitalWashington, District of Columbia