Are you Dr. Howard?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 78 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office9001 Summa Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70809Phone+1 225-761-5200Fax+1 225-761-5883
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. George Howard III, MD is a gastroenterologist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana. He is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, and Ochsner Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Tulane UniversityResidency, Internal Medicine, 1981 - 1986
- Tulane University School of MedicineClass of 1981
Certifications & Licensure
- LA State Medical License 1981 - 2023
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
Publications & Presentations
- Risk factors for intracerebral hemorrhage: the REasons for geographic and racial differences in stroke (REGARDS) study.Howard, G.,Cushman, M.,Howard, V. J.,Kissela, B. M.,Kleindorfer, D. O.,Moy, C. S.,Switzer, J.,Woo, D.> ;Stroke. 2013 May
- Racial differences in the impact of elevated systolic blood pressure on stroke risk.Howard, G.,Lackland, D. T.,Kleindorfer, D. O.,Kissela, B. M.,Moy, C. S.,Judd, S. E.,Safford, M. M.,Cushman, M.,Glasser, S. P.,Howard, V. J.> ;JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Jan 14
- Decline in US stroke mortality: an analysis of temporal patterns by sex, race, and geographic region.Howard, G.,Howard, V. J.,Katholi, C.,Oli, M. K.,Huston, S.> ;Stroke. 2001 Oct 06