Dr. Bass is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office11922 Dunnicliffe Ct
Porter Ranch, CA 91326
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Harold N. Bass is a board-certified medical geneticist and pediatrician in Panorama City, CA. He has been affiliated with several hospitals, including Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center. He also was affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, until he retired as a clinical professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Medical Genetics at the David Geffen School of Medicine. In addition, Dr. Bass is an adjunct professor of Biology at California State University, Northridge.
Dr. Bass received his medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine and a master's degree in Pharmacology. He received postgraduate training in pediatrics and medical genetics at Northwestern University. Dr. Bass has been in practice for over 50 years. He speaks English and Spanish. Dr. Bass specializes in Clinical Genetics and General Pediatrics.
Following military service during the Vietnam era as a captain in the USAF Medical Corps, Dr. Bass joined the Southern California Permanente Medical Group and served for 46 years, retiring at the beginning of 2015.
Education & Training
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's HospitalResidency, Medical Genetics, 1965 - 1966
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's HospitalResidency, Pediatrics, 1963 - 1965
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineClass of 1963
- University of Illinois at ChicagoBS, 1956 - 1959
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 1966 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 1964 - 1987
- American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics Clinical Genetics
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Physician of Year 1992 Kaiser Permanente Med Center, Panorama City CA
- Elected Member, Board of Directors Southern California Permanente Medical Group, 1998-2004
- Illinois State and University of Chicago Scholarships
Publications & Presentations
- 11 citationsA systematic analysis of small supernumerary marker chromosomes using array CGH exposes unexpected complexityKavita S. Reddy, Swaroop Aradhya, Jeanne M. Meck, George E. Tiller, Sridevi Abboy, Harold N. Bass> ;Genetics in Medicine. 2013 Jan 1
- 9 citationsOligoarray (105K) CGH Analysis of Chromosome Microdeletions within 10q22.1q24.32K. S. Reddy, Rebecca Mardach, Harold N. Bass> ;Cytogenetic and Genome Research. 2011 Jan 1
- 14 citationsApplication of oligonucleotide array CGH to the simultaneous detection of a deletion in the nuclear TK2 gene and mtDNA depletion.Shulin Zhang, Fang yuan Li, Harold N. Bass, Amber Pursley, Eric S. Schmitt, Blaire L. Brown, Ellen K. Brundage, Rebecca Mardach, Lee-Jun C. Wong> ;Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 2010 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- Application of oligonucleotide array CGH to the simultaneous detection of a deletion in the nuclear TK2 gene and mtDNA deletionZhang S, Li FY, Bass HN, Pursley A, Schmitt ES, Brown BL, Brundage EK, Mardach R, Wong LJ, Mol Genet Metab, 1/1/2010
- Consultations in molecular diagnostics: a pseudo-full mutation identified in fragile X assay reveals a novel base change abolishing an EcoR1 restriction siteLiang S, Bass HN, Gao H, Astbury C, Jamehdor M, Qu Y, J Molec Diag, 1/1/2008
- Neonatal asymmetric crying facies: A new look at an old problemSapin SO, Miller AA, Bass HN, Clin Pediatr, 1/1/2005
- Join now to see all
- American College of Medical Genetics & GenomicsFellow
- American Society of Human GeneticsMember
- Western Society for Pediatric ResearchMember
- Consultant, GeneDx LaboratoriesClinical Exome Analysis2013 - Present
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: