Harold Kessler, MD
Professor of Medicine, Rush Medical College
- 600 S Paulina St
Chicago, IL 60612
Phone: (312) 942-2061
Fax: (312) 942-2184
Dr. Kessler's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Infectious Disease: General Infectious Disease
Dr. Kessler's Education & Medical Training
- Rush University Medical CenterFellowship, Infectious Disease
- Rush University Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine
- Rush Medical CollegeMedical School
Dr. Kessler's Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical LicenseActive through 2014
- American Board of Internal MedicineInternal Medicine, 1977
- American Board of Internal MedicineInfectious Disease, 1982
Dr. Kessler's Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 CertificationCenters for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
Dr. Kessler's Clinical Trials
- A Pilot Study to Evaluate the Immunologic Consequences of a Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy Regimen (HAART) Consisting of Ritonavir (ABT-538), Zidovudine (AZT), and Lamivudine (3TC) in Moderately Advanced HIV-1 DiseaseKessler, H.,Lederman, M.
- Immunologic and Virologic Consequences of Long-Term Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART) in Subjects With Moderately Advanced HIV-1 Disease: A Follow-Up Study to ACTG 315Kessler, H.,Lederman, M.,Smith, K.,Valdez, H.
- Suppression of Cytomegalovirus Retinitis Utilizing High Dose Intravenous Acyclovir and Oral Zidovudine in Patients With AIDSBenson, C.A.,Kessler, H.A.
- Treatment of Acyclovir-Resistant Mucocutaneous Herpes Simplex Disease in Patients With AIDS: Open Label Pilot Study of Topical TrifluridineKessler, H.A.
Dr. Kessler's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- Providers' lack of knowledge about herpes zoster in HIV-infected patients is among barriers to herpes zoster vaccination. Aziz, M.,Kessler, H.,Huhn, G.; Int J STD AIDS. 2013 Jun.
- Continuity of care in a cohort of HIV-infected former jail detainees. Khawcharoenporn, T.,Zawitz, C.,Young, J. D.,Kessler, H. A.; J Correct Health Care. 2013 Jan.
- Seroprevalence study using oral rapid HIV testing in a large urban emergency department. Jain, S.,Lowman, E. S.,Kessler, A.,Harper, J.,Rumoro, D. P.,Smith, K. Y.,Purim-Shem-Tov, Y.,Kessler, H. A.; J Emerg Med. 2012 Nov.
Register to See Citations and 97 More...
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Illinois PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Great West PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PHCS PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
Physicians, view Dr. Kessler's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Infectious Disease, IL)
- Lisa Russell, MD
- Chad Zawitz, MD
- Tomislav Dukic, MD
- Eladio Vargas, MD
- Evelyn Lo, MD
- Judith Nerad, MD
- Preeti Kaur, MD
- Monica Sikka, MD
- John Farrell, MD
- James Obrien, MD