Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Psychiatry: Addiction, Forensic, Geriatric, Psychosomatic Medicine, Integrative Psychiatry
- Clinical Interests: Depressive Disorder; Bipolar Disorder
Certifications & Licensure
- WI State Medical License1975 - 2015
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyGeriatric Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyForensic Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyPsychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyPsychosomatic Medicine
- American Board of Addiction Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- 50 year Distinguished Life FellowAmerican Psychiatric Association, 2013
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Key and Serpent Service Honor Society
- Register to See 4 More
Publications & Presentations
- ECT and tardive dyskinesia Hay, D., Hay, L., Blackwell, B. and Spiro, H.R., Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology, 4/1/1990
- The enigma of the stigma of ECT: Fifty years of myth and misrepresentation Hay, Herzl R Spiro MD, PhD D., Hay, L., and Spiro, H.R., Wisconsin Medical Journal, 12/1/1989
- Reforming the state hospital in a unified care system Herzl R. Spiro, Hospital and Community Psychiatry, 1/1/1982
- Register to See 27 More
- Stigma and Mental Illness Chapter: The stigma of electro convulsive therapy: Psychosocial and semantic aspects
Herzl R. Spiro,
Editors: Fink, P.J. and Tasman, A..APA Press, Washington, D.C.
- Cults and New Religious Movements: A Report of the APA.
Herzl Spiro, Committee on Religion and Psychiatry
Editors: .API Press, DC
- Special Treatment for Resistant Depressions Chapter: Psychological management of resistant depression
With David Greenberg, M.D.
Editors: in Zohar, J. and Belmaker, R.H..Spectrum Publications, NY
- Register to See 17 More
- Mental health and HMO's: Perspective and prospects Herzl R. Spiro, M.D., Proceedings of the APA, 1/1/1973
- Echoes of the past: The next century of American Zionism Herzl R. Spiro
- The Rutgers Community Mental Health Center with Irwin Pollack, M.D., and Stanley
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ - 1/1/1971
- Human Resources Development Monograph Series.
Johns Hopkins - 1/1/1971
- Register to See 3 More
- The full profile is locked and available to verified physicians only.
Join over 50% of U.S. physicians already on Doximity and get access to this and over 700,000 physician CVs. Find your physician profile