Are you Dr. Thompson?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 78 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office100 Pilot Medical Dr Ste 300
Birmingham, AL 35235Phone+1 205-815-4810Fax+1 205-815-4864
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Jason Thompson, MD is a cardiologist in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama and Maryland. He is affiliated with Grandview Medical Center, St. Vincent's East, and St. Vincent's St. Clair.
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins UniversityFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 2005 - 2008
- University of Alabama Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 2001 - 2005
- University of Alabama School of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 2003 - 2023
- MD State Medical License 2006 - 2009
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification PrimeSUITE EHR, Greenway Health, LLC, 2012-2014
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
Publications & Presentations
- 47 citationsAutologous hematopoietic cell transplantation for HIV-related lymphoma: results of the BMT CTN 0803/AMC 071 trialJoseph C. Alvarnas, Jennifer Le Rademacher, Yanli Wang, Richard F. Little, Gorgun Akpek, Ernesto Ayala, Steven M. Devine, Robert A. Baiocchi, Gerard Lozanski, Lawrence...> ;Blood. 2016 Aug 25
- 20 citationsRelative importance of patient, procedural and anatomic risk factors for early vein graft thrombosis after coronary artery bypass graft surgery.Rhondalyn C. McLean, Susanna M. Nazarian, Tyler J Gluckman, Sam Schulman, David R. Thiemann, Edward P. Shapiro, John V. Conte, Jason B. Thompson, I. Shafique, McNichol...> ;Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery. 2011 Dec 1
- 11 citationsClinical and Laboratory Factors Associated with Shear-dependent Platelet Hyper-reactivity in Patients on Chronic Aspirin TherapySusanna M. Nazarian, Jason B. Thompson, Tyler J Gluckman, Katherine Laws, Jayesh Jani, Thomas S. Kickler, Jeffrey J. Rade> ;Thrombosis Research. 2010 Nov 1
- Join now to see all
- New You: Top Resolutions for Heart HealthFebruary 6th, 2019
- St. Vincent's EastBirmingham, Alabama
- Grandview Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama
- St. Vincent's St. ClairPell City, Alabama