John Abenstein, MD, M.S.E.E.
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
- 200 1st St Sw
Rochester, MN 55905
Phone: (507) 284-2511
Dr. Abenstein's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Anesthesiology: General Anesthesiology
- Clinical Interests: Cardiovascular; Cardiovascular Anesthesiology
Dr. Abenstein's Education & Medical Training
- Michael Reese Hospital and Medical CenterResidency, Anesthesiology
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of MedicineMedical School
Dr. Abenstein's Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical LicenseActive through 2014
- CA State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- WI State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- AZ State Medical LicenseActive through 2014
- American Board of AnesthesiologyAnesthesiology, 1985
Dr. Abenstein's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- A randomized comparison of ketamine versus methohexital anesthesia in electroconvulsive therapy. Rasmussen, K. G.,Kung, S.,Lapid, M. I.,Oesterle, T. S.,Geske, J. R.,Nuttall, G. A.,Oliver, W. C.,Abenstein, J. P.; Psychiatry Res. 2014 Jan 07.
- Computerized bar code-based blood identification systems and near-miss transfusion episodes and transfusion errors. Nuttall, G. A.,Abenstein, J. P.,Stubbs, J. R.,Santrach, P.,Ereth, M. H.,Johnson, P. M.,Douglas, E.,Oliver, W. C.; Mayo Clin. Proc.. 2013 Apr.
- Characteristics of Emergency Pages Using a Computer-Based Anesthesiology Paging System in Children and Adults Undergoing Procedures at a Tertiary Care Medical Center. Weingarten, T. N.,Abenstein, J. P.,Dutton, C. H.,Kohn, M. A.,Lee, E. A.,Mullenbach, T. E.,Narr, B. J.,Schroeder, D. R.,Sprung, J.; Anesth Analg. 2013 Apr.
Register to See Citations and 18 More...
Physicians, view Dr. Abenstein's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Anesthesiology, MN)
- Stephen Inglis, MD
- Michael Bengough, MD
- Katherine Arendt, MD
- William Oliver Jr., MD
- Bhargavi Gali, MD
- Paul Ness, MD
- James Onigkeit, MD
- Westley Manske, DO
- Benjamin Aakre, MD
- Alan Espelien, MD