- Dr. John Crates, MD is a board certified orthopedic surgeon in Plano, Texas. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Texas. He is affiliated with Baylor Medical Center at Frisco.
Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Orthopaedic Surgery: General Orthopedic Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery
Education & Medical Training
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- University of Tennessee
Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License1998 - 2015
- American Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryOrthopaedic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top DoctorCastle Connolly, 2014
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 CertificationCenters for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- A comparison of lateral ankle ligament suture anchor strength. Barber, F. A.,Herbert, M. A.,Crates, J. M.; Foot Ankle Surg. 2013 Jun.
- Mid-substance peroneal tendon defects augmented with an acellular dermal matrix allograft. Rapley, J. H., Crates, J., Barber, A.; Foot Ankle Int. 2010 Feb.
- Effect of fibular plate fixation on rotational stability of simulated distal tibial fractures treated with intramedullary nailing. Kumar, A., Charlebois, S.J., Cain, E.L., Smith, R.A., Daniels, A.U., Crates, J.M.; J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003 Apr.
- Register to See 2 More
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Texas BlueChoice
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BlueChoice Network POS
- CIGNA Open Access
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Great West PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PHCS PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Dr. John Crates, Dr. John Crates, MD, Dr. J Crates, Dr. John M Crates