Are you Dr. Kurtzke?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 7 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeVa Medical Ctr
50 Irving St Nw
Washington, DC 20422Phone(202) 745-8145Fax(202) 745-8231
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Kurtzke Sr., MD is a board certified neurologist in Washington, District of Columbia. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Virginia.
Education & Training
- Mount Sinai School of MedicineResidency, Neurology, 1953 - 1956
- SUNY Health Science Center at BrooklynInternship, Internal Medicine, 1952 - 1953
- Cornell University Medical CollegeClass of 1952
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1963 - 2016
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Whos Who in Medicine and Healthcare Marquis Whos Who
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsThe Gulf War era multiple sclerosis cohort: 3. Early clinical featuresMitchell T. Wallin, William J. Culpepper, Heidi Maloni, John F. Kurtzke> ;Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 2018 Jan 1
- 1 citationsMigration and multiple sclerosis in immigrants from United Kingdom and Ireland to Australia: a reassessment. III: risk of multiple sclerosis in UKI immigrants and Aust...Michael Barnett, James G. McLeod, S.R. Hammond, John F. Kurtzke> ;Journal of Neurology. 2016 Feb 25
- 5 citationsExplanation and Elaboration of the Standards of Reporting of Neurological Disorders Checklist: A Guideline for the Reporting of Incidence and Prevalence Studies in Neu...Derrick A Bennett, C. E. G. Brayne, Valery L. Feigin, S Barker-Collo, Michael Brainin, Daniel Davis, Valentina Gallo, Nathalie Jette, André Karch, John F. Kurtzke, Pab...> ;Neuroepidemiology. 2015 Sep 22
- Join now to see all
- Increased Risk for MS Among SmokersMarch 19th, 2009
- Review: Multiple Sclerosis in the Digital Age: ‘Seeing Through a Glass Darkly’July 25th, 2020