Are you Dr. Leffall?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 29 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2041 Georgia Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20060Phone+1 202-865-3785Fax+1 202-865-3131
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. LaSalle Leffall, MD is a general surgeon in Washington, District of Columbia. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in District of Columbia. He is affiliated with Howard University Hospital and is a Professor at Howard University College of Medicine.
Education & Training
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell Campus)Residency, Surgery, 1957 - 1959
- Howard UniversityResidency, Surgery, 1955 - 1957
- District of Columbia General HospitalResidency, Surgery, 1954 - 1955
- Howard UniversityResidency, Surgery, 1953 - 1954
- Homer G Phillips HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1952 - 1953
- Howard University College of MedicineClass of 1952
Certifications & Licensure
- DC State Medical License 1956 - 2018
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Elected Member Institute of Medicine, 1973
- Whos Who in Medicine and Healthcare Marquis Whos Who
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- Passing of a Giant.Edward E. Cornwell, LaSalle D. Leffall> ;Journal of The National Medical Association. 2019 Aug 1
- 49 citationsEarly-stage gallbladder cancer in the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database: effect of extended surgical resection.Stephanie R. Downing, Kerry Ann Cadogan, Gezzer Ortega, Tolulope A. Oyetunji, Suryanarayana M. Siram, David C. Chang, Nita Ahuja, LaSalle D. Leffall, Wayne Frederick> ;Archives of Surgery. 2011 Jun 1
- Surgical treatment for women with breast cancer: do randomized clinical trials represent current medical practices?Wayne Frederick, Sarah A. Ames, Stephanie R. Downing, Tolulope A. Oyetunji, David C. Chang, LaSalle D. Leffall> ;American Surgeon. 2010 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- Pfizer CPO Freda Lewis-Hall: “Everyone Is a Patient at Some Point in Their Lives — It’s One Thing We All Have in Common; In a World of Increasingly Complicated and Often-Conflicting Medical Advice and Information, It’s Time for Everyone to Know Where t...October 6th, 2019
- The Path Forward for Historically Black Colleges and UniversitiesFebruary 3rd, 2020
- Striving for HCBU ExcellenceJuly 23rd, 2021
- Howard University HospitalWashington, District of Columbia