Are you Dr. Higgins?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 87 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office84 Marginal Way
Portland, ME 04101Phone+1 207-774-5816Fax+1 207-523-8597
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Leigh Higgins, MD is a board certified internist in Portland, Maine. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Maine and Michigan. She is affiliated with Northern Light Mercy Hospital and Maine Medical Center.
Education & Training
- University of Michigan Health SystemResidency, Internal Medicine, 1997 - 2000
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of MedicineClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- ME State Medical License 2001 - 2023
- MI State Medical License 2000 - 2004
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification eClinicalWorks EHR, eClinicalWorks LLC, 2011-2013
- Heart/Stroke Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2011-2014
- Physician Practice Connections Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2010-2013
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 154 citationsDo physicians examine patients in contact isolation less frequently? A brief reportSanjay Saint, Leigh Ann Higgins, Brahmajee K. Nallamothu, Carol E. Chenoweth> ;American Journal of Infection Control. 2003 Oct 1