Are you Dr. Levin?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 54 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2880 University Ave
Madison, WI 53717Phone(608) 263-7171Fax(608) 265-8060
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Leonard Levin, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist in Madison, Wisconsin. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Wisconsin. He is affiliated with University Hospital and is a Professor at University of Wisconsin Medical School.
Education & Training
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear InfirmaryResidency, Ophthalmology, 1989 - 1992
- Mount Auburn HospitalInternship, Internal Medicine, 1988 - 1989
- Harvard Medical SchoolClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- WI State Medical License 1993 - 2023
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2011
- Efficacy & Safety of RPh201 Treatment in Patients With Previous Nonarteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION) Start of enrollment: 2018 Jul 10Leonard A Levin, M.D., Ph.D.
Publications & Presentations
- Axonal degeneration induces distinct patterns of phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylethanolamine externalization.Hannah Faris, Mohammadali Almasieh, Leonard A. Levin> ;Cell death discovery. 2021 Sep 17
- Predicting Absorption-Distribution Properties of Neuroprotective Phosphine-Borane Compounds Using In Silico Modeling and Machine Learning.Raheem Remtulla, Sanjoy Kumar Das, Leonard A. Levin> ;Molecules. 2021 Apr 25
- Crohn-related Chronic Relapsing Inflammatory Optic Neuropathy.Felix Tyndel, Arun N E Sundaram, Razmik Bebedjian, Ian D. Bookman, Arthur Bookman, Leonard A. Levin> ;Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences. 2021 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
- Moving Future Regenerative Therapies for Blinding Eye Diseases to the ClinicApril 30th, 2017
- A Step Closer to Identifying Cause of a Blinding DiseaseMay 23rd, 2019
- Novel Mitochondrial Targeted Neuroprotectants For GlaucomaNational Eye Institute2007–2009
- Gene Expression In Axotomized Retinal Ganglion CellsNational Eye Institute2000–2004
- Gene Expression In Axotomized Retinal Ganglion CellsNational Eye Institute1994–1998
- University HospitalMadison, Wisconsin