Dr. Wetzel is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3585 National Dr.
Plano, TX 75025Phone+1 469-606-1360Fax+1 469-606-1361
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Wetzel graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Pittsburgh Honors College with a Bachelor of Philosophy degree in natural sciences and chemistry. She was granted early acceptance to the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health and began working towards a Master of Public Health degree as an undergraduate student. She went on to complete this program after defending her thesis which explored health disparities in social support and maternal wellness. She then attended medical school at the University of Vermont College of Medicine where she received her Doctor of Medicine degree. During medical school, she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and was selected by faculty and peers as her medical school commencement speaker.
Dr. Wetzel completed a Transitional Year internship at the University of South Dakota. She graduated from dermatology residency at the University of Louisville where she was Chief Resident. During residency, she received the Women's Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award to complete additional training and clinical research in onco-dermatology at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. She served on the American Academy of Dermatology Residents and Fellows Committee. She is author and co-author of several peer reviewed articles and has presented at national and regional conferences including the American Academy of Dermatology and the Society of Pediatric Dermatology.
Dr. Wetzel specializes in general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. She enjoys seeing patients of all ages. She has a special interest in supportive onco-dermatology including prevention and early detection of skin cancer in high-risk patients and supportive management of side effects affecting hair, skin, and nails from anti-cancer therapy.
Education & Training
- University of South DakotaInternship, Transitional Year, 2016 - 2017
- University of Vermont College of MedicineClass of 2016
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public HealthMPH, Behavioral and Community Health Sciences, 2011
- University of Pittsburgh Honors CollegeBPhil, Natural Sciences, Summa Cum Laude, 2010
Certifications & Licensure
- MN State Medical License 2022 - 2023
- TX State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- KY State Medical License 2017 - 2020
- SD State Medical License 2016 - 2023
- American Board of Dermatology Dermatology
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public HealthMinority Health and Health Disparities
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Commencement Class Speaker University of Vermont College of Medicine, 2016
- Vermont Scholars Award University of Vermont College of Medicine, 2012-2016
- Inductee Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2015
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Treatment recommendations for nail unit toxicities secondary to targeted cancer therapy based on collective experience and evidence-based literature review.Megan L. Wetzel, Adam I. Rubin, Hannah Hanania, Anisha B. Patel> ;Journal of The American Academy of Dermatology. 2021 Jul 21
- Edema affecting the penis and scrotum.Megan Wetzel, Jordan M. Jones, Soon Bahrami, Sonya Burton> ;Cutis. 2020 Apr 1
- Multiple Lesions in Irradiated Skin.Megan Wetzel, Jae Y. Jung, Timothy S. Brown> ;JAMA Oncology. 2019 May 1
- Join now to see all
- Factors Leading to Adolescent Drug Abuse in Winooski.Yun-Yun Kathy Chen, Gia Fraher, Megan Wetzel, Ilsley Colton, Herman Kalsi, Weiss Surkhabi, Flang Nguyen, Kate Nugent, Burton Wilcke., APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition, 1/2014
- Research Assistant, University of Vermont Medical CenterReviewed data for quality improvement project on isotretinoin lab monitoring (PI- Julie Lin, M.D.).2014 - Present
- Research FellowAnalyzed effects of race and insurance status on survival and length of hospital stay in patients following traumatic injury (Faculty Mentor- Turner Osler, M.D., M.S.).2013 - Present
- Intern, Bridging the Gaps Community Health Internship ProgramDeveloped a community health education web series targeting at-risk youth in an underserved community of Pittsburgh, PA utilizing a community-based participatory research model (Preceptor – Jon Pletcher, M.D.).2010 - Present
- Project Coordinator, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMCImproved and maintained data collection and database management for research on psychosocial outcomes of children with chronic illness (PI- Robert B. Noll, Ph.D.). Conducted data collection for an NCI funded, multi-site study on informed consent in pediatric phase I cancer trials.2009 - 2012
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: