Overview of Dr. Knudsen
Michael L. Knudsen, MD, is an assistant professor of clinical orthopedic surgery at Columbia University Medical Center - New York Presbyterian Hospital. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency training at the University of Minnesota and completed the prestigious Columbia Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship in New York City at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. His time at Columbia included physician team coverage for the New York Yankees (Major League Baseball), Rockland Boulders (Can-Am Association of Professional Baseball), and Columbia University Athletics.
During his time in Minnesota, Dr. Knudsen served as an Orthopedic Team Physician for the Minnesota Twins Baseball Club, St. Paul Saints, and the University of Minnesota / Gopher Athletics. He has authored more than a dozen peer-reviewed articles and book chapters related to various topics about shoulder, elbow, knee, and sports medicine, and has given numerous lectures nationally.
OfficeColumbiaDoctors - Midtown
51 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of MinnesotaResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2013 - 2018
- University of Minnesota Medical SchoolClass of 2013
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- MN State Medical License 2019 - 2022
- NY State Medical License 2018 - 2023
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Gustilo Research Resident Award for Best Scientific Paper University of Minnesota, 2018
Publications & Presentations
- Early career opportunities and practice characteristics of recent graduates of shoulder and elbow fellowship programs.Aaron Z Chen, Michael L Knudsen, Charles M Jobin, William N Levine> ;Journal of shoulder and elbow surgery. 2022 Sep 1
- Perioperative Management in Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty.Matthew Godlewski, Michael L. Knudsen, Jonathan P. Braman, Alicia K. Harrison> ;Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine. 2021 Aug 1
- Advanced Templating for Total Shoulder Arthroplasty.Nicholas P. Gannon, Kelsey L. Wise, Michael L. Knudsen> ;Jbjs reviews. 2021 Mar 18
- Join now to see all
- 7 Ways Exercise Makes You Happy — and How Much You Need to Improve Your MoodNovember 10th, 2020
- Hemiarthroplasty and Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Conversion to Reverse Total Shoulder ArthroplastyJune 28th, 2020
- Minnesota Orthopaedic SocietyMember
- Mid-America Orthopaedic AssociationCandidate Member
- American Shoulder and Elbow SurgeonsMember
- New York-Presbyterian HospitalNew York, New York
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical CenterNew York, New York
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence HospitalBronxville, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: