- I am a board certified Pain Medicine physician specializing in soft tissue pain. I started the first pain center in NYC @ Montefiore Hospital and the second in-patient center @ Lenox Hill Hospital. I ran a pain center in the UK @ the Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor. I am a past president of the American Academy of Pain Medicine. I am currently Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Psychiatry @ NYU/Langone School of Medicine and director of the division of Muscle Pain Research. I have authored 2 books with Simon and Schuster: Freedom From Pain and in June, 2012, End Back Pain Forever.
I have authored this year (2012) 2 chapters on Muscle Pain in academic textbooks.
Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Clinical Interests: Neck/neck Pain; Pain Management; Back/back Pain; Back/neck Pain; Muscle Pain Evaluation And Treatment; Pain Treatment Outcome Assessment
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License2006 - 2015
- NY State Medical License1968 - 2017
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyPsychiatry
- American Board of Pain MedicineSoft tissue pain
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors in Pain Management in NY Metro Area2012
- Back Pain Recognition ProgramNational Committee for Quality Assurance, 2012, 2013, 2014
- New York Magazine Top Doctors in Pain Medicine2010
- Register to See 3 More
Publications & Presentations
- Treatment of Drug Addiction in Two Different Communities. Ruiz, Lowenson, Marcus, Langrod, NYS J Med 1973;73:18.
- Social Rehabilitation of Addicts: A Two-year Evaluation. Ruiz, Lowenson, Langrod, Marcus, Int. J of the Addictions 1977;1.
- Clinical Applications of Biofeedback: Implications for Psychiatry: Hospital and Community Psychiatry. Marcus, N, Levin, G., 1977;28(1).
- Register to See 15 More
- Freedom from Chronic Pain.
Marcus N.J. and Arbeiter J.
Editors: Simon & Schuster.New York
- End Back Pain Forever.
Editors: .Atria Books, New York
- Psychophysiology. Chapter: Disregulation of a Controlled EEG Response to Visual Stimulation in a Narcoleptic Page 263 - 273
Mulholland T, Marcus N
Editors: R. Sinz, M.R. Rosenzweig.VEB Gustav Fischer Verlag Jena (GDR) and Elsevier Biomedical Press, Amsterdam
- Register to See 4 More
- Management of Acute & Chronic Pain. St. Michael's Hospital, Newark, NJ Grand Rounds, Department of Medicine
- Cognitive Behavioral Approaches – The Injured Worker's Perspective. American Academy of Pain Medicine, New Jersey
- The Injured Worker's Perspective. Professional Nurses' Rehab Association, New Hyde Park, NY
- Register to See 109 More
- The full profile is locked and available to verified physicians only.
Join over 60% of U.S. physicians already on Doximity and get access to this and over 700,000 physician CVs. Find your physician profile