Dr. Hussain is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1530 N Randall Rd
Elgin, IL 60123Phone+1 847-488-1030
- Is this information wrong?
- I provide medical and surgical treatment for diseases of the retina and vitreous. Some conditions that I manage include: retinal tears / detachment, macular hole, epiretinal membrane, vitreous hemorrhage / opacities, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular occlusions, endophthalmitis, inflammatory diseases of the eye, dislocated lens, and complications of cataract surgery.
In addition to my clinical duties, I have presented retina-related research and surgical videos at numerous national meetings. I have authored over 50 publications in peer-reviewed journals and textbooks pertaining to ophthalmology and retinal disease. In joining Retina Associates, I am excited to continue involvement in clinical trials evaluating new therapeutics for retinal disease. In my spare time, I enjoy traveling with my wife, weight training, and cheering for the Chicago Bears and Bulls. I speak both English and Spanish.
Education & Training
- University of Miami Hospital and ClinicsFellowship, Surgical Retina and Vitreous, 2017 - 2019
- Indiana University School of MedicineResidency, Ophthalmology, 2014 - 2017
- Henry Ford HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 2013 - 2014
- University of Miami Hospital and ClinicsFellowship, Ocular Oncology/Ophthalmic Pathology, 2012 - 2013
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health SciencesClass of 2012, MD, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2019 - 2026
- IN State Medical License 2015 - 2025
- FL State Medical License 2017 - 2021
- MI State Medical License 2013 - 2014
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsLonger-Term Anti-VEGF Therapy Outcomes in Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Macular Edema, and Vein Occlusion-Related Macular Edema: Clinical Outc...Thomas A Ciulla, Rehan M Hussain, Donna Taraborelli, John S Pollack, David F Williams> ;Ophthalmology. Retina. 2022 Sep 1
- Multimodal Imaging Findings in Two Children With Microphthalmos.Dhariana Acon, Rehan M. Hussain, Ann V. Quan, Carlos E. Mendoza-Santiesteban, Audina M. Berrocal> ;Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers & Imaging Retina. 2021 Aug 1
- 16 citationsVascular Endothelial Growth Factor Antagonists: Promising Players in the Treatment of Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration.Rehan M. Hussain, Bilal A Shaukat, Lauren Ciulla, Audina M. Berrocal, Jayanth Sridhar> ;Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2021 Jun 21
- Join now to see all
- Vascular Considerations in Glaucoma ManagementAlon Harris, Rehan Hussain, Scott Wentz, Brent Siesky, Glaucoma Today, 11/2014
- Smoking and Increased Risk of PVR: Is Increased TNF-Alpha a Key Causative Factor?October 2021
- SUBSPECIALTY NEWS: Angiogenesis Meeting Highlights, Elevated IOP After Intravitreal Injection, and MoreMarch 1st, 2019
- Vit-Buckle SocietyMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: