Dr. Cornwell is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792Phone+1 608-263-7203
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Richard Cornwell is a pulmonologist in Madison, WI and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital and University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics. He received his medical degree from State University of New York Upstate Medical University and has been in practice 33 years. He specializes in lung transplantation medicine.
Education & Training
- University of WashingtonFellowship, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, 1989 - 1992
- University of Wisconsin Hospitals and ClinicsResidency, Internal Medicine, 1984 - 1988
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityClass of 1984
- Colgate UniversityBA, 1976 - 1980
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2010 - 2014
- WI State Medical License 1985 - 2021
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Pulmonary Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2011
Publications & Presentations
- 9 citationsWorldwide clinical practices in perioperative antibiotic therapy for lung transplantation.Benjamin Coiffard, Eloi Prud'Homme, Sami Hraiech, Nadim Cassir, Jérôme Le Pavec, Romain Kessler, Federica Meloni, Marc Leone, Pascal Thomas, Martine Reynaud-Gaubert, L...> ;BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 2020 Apr 29
- 7 citationsInsomnia and Relationship With Immunosuppressant Therapy After Lung Transplantation.Kalynn A. Rohde, Zachary W. Schlei, Krista M. Katers, Ashley K. Weber, Marissa M. Brokhof, Donald S. Hawes, Kelly L. Radford, Mary L. Francois, Nathan J. Menninga, Ric...> ;Progress in Transplantation. 2017 Mar 22
- 3 citationsLung transplantation for high-risk patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Nilto C. De Oliveira, Walker Julliard, Satoru Osaki, James D. Maloney, Richard D. Cornwell, David A. Sonetti, Keith C. Meyer> ;Sarcoidosis Vasculitis and Diffuse Lung Diseases. 2016 Oct 7
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: