Dr. Steel is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office800 E Dove Ave
Suite I, J & K
McAllen, TX 78504Phone(956) 630-4200Fax(956) 630-4226
- Is this information wrong?
- About Dr. Steel
Diabetes expert, Dr. Richard J. Steel, has been the overseeing physician at Alliance In Health Diabetes Control Center for over seven years. He is a fierce proponent of diabetic causes, and he's dedicated his life not only to treating his patients, but to educating them as well. Richard J. Steel, MD specializes in the prevention, detection, and control of diabetes. He has a sophisticated, well-established, and successful medical practice in McAllen, Texas. We want our patients to know that Dr. Steel is personally involved in the training of all the physicians at Alliance in Health Diabetes Control Center, in order to ensure that every patient receives the highest level of care in the industry.
Richard J. Steel, MD is happily married to his wife of 17 years, and is the owner of a scrappy Bichon Frise named Mr. Hades. He is a Navy veteran of the Gulf War, and the founder and director of our center. Dr. Steel received his medical degree at Mexican-American University of the North. He went on to complete his residency at Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia, and attained his certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Steel is a member of the following professional associations:
The American College of Physicians | The Texas Medical Association | The American Medical Association
He has dedicated his career to diabetes management, primary care, and preventative medicine. Dr. Steel is a firm believer in creating strong partnerships with his patients to improve their quality of life. He is affiliated with local hospitals and is able to work with most health insurance providers. Dr. Steel is bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish.
"Patients know what is best for them. My duty as a physician is to listen to my patients and, together with them, develop a customized plan for them to achieve their best possible health."
~ Richard J. Steel, MD
Education & Training
- Memorial HealthResidency, Internal Medicine, 2007 - 2010
- Mexican-American University of the North School of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License 2011 - 2023
- GA State Medical License 2010 - 2018
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification athenaClinicals EHR, athenahealth, Inc, 2013
- Board Member, Diabetes Committee at DHR 2013 - Present
- Valley Baptist Medical Center-HarlingenHarlingen, Texas
- Mission Regional Medical CenterMission, Texas
- LifeCare Hospitals of South Texas - Mcallen SouthMcAllen, Texas
- McAllen Medical CenterMcAllen, Texas
- Edinburg Regional Medical CenterEdinburg, Texas
- South Texas Health SystemEdinburg, Texas
- Cornerstone Regional HospitalEdinburg, Texas
- Doctor's Hospital at RenaissanceEdinburg, Texas
- Solara Hospital McAllenMcAllen, Texas
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: