Are you Dr. Summers?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 33 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2500 N State St
Jackson, MS 39216Phone(601) 984-2538Fax(601) 815-1854
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Richard Summers, MD is an emergency medicine physician in Jackson, Mississippi. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Mississippi. He is affiliated with University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Education & Training
- University of Mississippi Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1981 - 1982
- University of Mississippi School of MedicineClass of 1981
Certifications & Licensure
- MS State Medical License 1982 - 2022
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACEP) American College of Emergency Physicians
Publications & Presentations
- Thomas George Coleman, PhD (1940-2021).John E. Hall, L. Gabriel Navar, Allen W. Cowley, Richard L. Summers, Robert L. Hester> ;Hypertension. 2021 May 3
- Do Hospitals Providing Telehealth in Emergency Departments Have Lower Emergency Department CostsDunc Williams, Annie N. Simpson, Kathryn King, Ryan Kruis, Dee W. Ford, Sarah A. Sterling, Alexandra Castillo, Cory O Robinson, Kit N. Simpson, Richard L. Summers> ;Telemedicine Journal and E-health. 2021 Sep 6
- Digital Informed Consent in a Rural and Low-Income Population.Donald Clark, Julia Woods, Deepti Patki, Kia Jones, Shirley Stasher, Daniel W. Jones, Richard L. Summers> ;JAMA Cardiology. 2020 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
- UMMC Says Research into CBD Oil for Children with Seizures Showing Great PromiseAugust 8th, 2019
- Doctor Warns of Silent Danger for SwimmersJuly 8th, 2017
- Distinguished Faculty Earn Title Named for Medical School Savior at University of Mississippi Medical CenterJune 23rd, 2021
- University of Mississippi Medical CenterJackson, Mississippi