Dr. Garza is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office731 Carnoustie Dr
San Antonio, TX 78258Phone(210) 495-8280Fax(210) 481-3116
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Rodolfo (Rudy) Garza is board certified in Nephrology and Internal Medicine. He was born and raised in Corpus Christi, TX and completed his undergraduate education at The University of Texas at Austin. He completed medical school at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, and his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Nephrology at University Hospital in San Antonio.
He started his career after education in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio and has built his practice in the area. He is credentialed at North Central Baptist Hospital and at Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, as well as other hospitals in the Stone Oak area.
Dr. Garza has been active in the community hospitals, and has served on many leadership committees with the goal of helping physicians and patients to experience compassionate, quality care. He has served as Chief of Medicine and is currently Vice-chief of staff at Methodist Stone Oak Hospital.
Dr. Garza is fluent in English and Spanish.
Education & Training
- University of Texas Health Science Center - San AntonioFellowship, Nephrology, 2000 - 2002
- University of Texas Health Science Center - San AntonioResidency, Internal Medicine, 1997 - 2000
- University of Texas Health Science Center - San AntonioClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License 1998 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Nephrology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- SuperDoctors Texas Monthly, 2016-2017
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
Publications & Presentations
- Chemotherapy for Oral and Maxillofacial Tumors: An UpdateAhmed Eid, Shuang Li, Rodolfo Garza, Mark E. Wong> ;Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America. 2014 May 1
- 19 citationsPredictors of the rate of renal function decline in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusRodolfo Garza, Rolando Medina, Srabashi Basu, Jacqueline A. Pugh> ;American Journal of Nephrology. 1997 Jan 1
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: