Roy Herbst, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, University Tex Houston
- 1515 Holcombe Blvd
Smilow Cancer Hosp, Thoracic Cancer Div
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 792-6161
Dr. Herbst's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Oncology: General Oncology
Dr. Herbst's Education & Medical Training
- Brigham and Women's HospitalFellowship, Medical Oncology
- Brigham and Women's HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine
- Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell UniversityMedical School
Dr. Herbst's Certifications & Licensure
- CT State Medical License2011 - 2015
- American Board of Internal MedicineInternal Medicine
- American Board of Internal MedicineMedical Oncology
Dr. Herbst's Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Super DoctorSuperDoctors.com
Dr. Herbst's Clinical Trials
- A Randomized, Phase III Study Comparing Carboplatin/Paclitaxel or Carboplatin/Paclitaxel/Bevacizumab With or Without Concurrent Cetuximab in Patients With Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)Start of enrollment: 2009 Jul 01
Alden, M.,Amatruda, T.T.,Atkins, J.N.,Averbook, B.J.,Bar-Lev, A.,Barai, B.H.,Barhamand, F.B.,Bearden, J.D.,Beeker, T.A.,Behrens, R.J.,Boone, R.,Butala, A.,Campling, B.,Chapman, R.A.,Chernofsky, M.R.,Choi,...
- A Phase II Trial of Combination Carboplatin, Paclitaxel, Cetuximab and Bevacizumab (NSC-704865) Followed By Cetuximab and Bevacizumab in Patients With Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung CancerStart of enrollment: 2006 Aug 01
Herbst, R.S.,Kim, E.S.
- Phase II Selection Design Trial Of Concurrent Chemotherapy + Cetuximab Vs. Chemotherapy Followed By Cetuximab In Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)Start of enrollment: 2004 Jul 01
Gandara, D.R.,Herbst, R.S.,Kelly, K.
- Multicenter, Open-Ended, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase III Study of AE-941 in Addition to Combined Modality Treatment (Chemotherapy/Radiotherapy) for Locally Advanced Unresectable Non-Small Cell Lung CancerStart of enrollment: 2000 Mar 01
Herbst, R.S.,Lu, C.
Dr. Herbst's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Perspective: Raising the Bar for Clinical Trials by Defining Clinically Meaningful Outcomes. Ellis, L. M.,Bernstein, D. S.,Voest, E. E.,Berlin, J. D.,Sargent, D.,Cortazar, P.,Garrett-Mayer, E.,Herbst, R. S.,Lilenbaum, R. C.,Sima, C.,Venook, A. P.,Gonen, M.,Schilsk...; J. Clin. Oncol.. 2014 Mar 19.
- Angiogenesis inhibition and lung-cancer therapy. Onn, A.,Bar, J.,Herbst, R. S.; Lancet Oncol.. 2014 Feb 01.
- "Quitting smoking will benefit your health": the evolution of clinician messaging to encourage tobacco cessation. Toll, B. A.,Rojewski, A. M.,Duncan, L. R.,Latimer-Cheung, A. E.,Fucito, L. M.,Boyer, J. L.,O'Malley, S. S.,Salovey, P.,Herbst, R. S.; Clin. Cancer Res.. 2014 Jan 18.
Register to See Citations and 97 More...
Personalizing Nsclc Therapy: Exploiting KRAS Activated PathwaysNational Cancer Institute
2011 - 2011
U10 Full Member Application Affiliated With SWOGNational Cancer Institute
2010 - 2010
U10 Ful Member Application Affiliated With SWOGNational Cancer Institute
2009 - 2009
Phase I Trial Of Antiangiogenic Agent SU6668 In PT W Solid TumorsNational Cancer Institute
2001 - 2002
Core--Clinical TrialsNational Cancer Institute
2001 - 2002
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare FlexPOS
- GHI PPO
- Great West PPO
- Multiplan PHCS PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Health Freedom
- Oxford Health Liberty
- United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Dr. Roy Herbst, Dr. Roy Herbst, MD, Dr. R Herbst, Dr. Roy S. Herbst
- 39 Colleague Invites!
- Is this you? If so, register to see 39 messages.
Physicians, view Dr. Herbst's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Oncology, TX)
- Mary Westrick, MD
- Benjamin Downie, MD
- Mohammed Quraishi, MD
- Alexander Wong, MD
- Saad Munib Ahmed Khan, MD
- Yee Tham, MD
- Randall Crim, MD
- Joseph Dang, MD
- Lee Drinkard, MD
- Kate Lathrop, MD