Dr. Gupta is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office520 Mary St
Evansville, IN 47710Phone(812) 424-8231Fax(812) 435-8782
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Samir Gupta is a general multi specialty surgeon. He has been in practice for 30 years. He has held academic positions with University of Illinois and Rush University. He has extensive experience in minimally invasive surgery, colorectal surgery, endocrine surgery, hernia surgery, complex GI surgery, emergency surgery, trauma and critical care.
Education & Training
- Spectrum Health/Michigan State UniversityResidency, Surgery, 1993 - 1999
- Spectrum Health/Michigan State UniversityFellowship, Surgical Critical Care, 1996 - 1997
- University of Florida College of MedicineInternship, Transitional Year, 1992 - 1993
- University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of MedicineClass of 1992
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 1999 - 2023
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Surgical Critical Care
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Intergy EHR, Greenway Health, LLC, 2012-2013
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsLaparoscopic-Assisted Versus Mini-Open Laparotomy for Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Placement in the Medicare Population.Syed I. Khalid, Ravi S. Nunna, Samantha Maasarani, Rachyl M Shanker, Mandana Behbahani, Corbin P Edmondson, Ankit I. Mehta, Samir Gupta, Edie Y. Chan, Alfonso Torquati...> ;Neurosurgery. 2021 Mar 15
- 1 citationsCommentary on "the association of hospital Medicare beneficiary payer-mix, national quality rankings and outcomes following hepatopancreatic surgery" - The need for be...Samir Gupta, Camaleigh Jaber> ;American Journal of Surgery. 2021 Jan 11
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria® Radiologic Management of Infected Fluid Collections.Expert Panel on Interventional Radiology, Weiss CR, Bailey CR, Hohenwalter EJ, Pinchot JW, Ahmed O, Braun AR, Cash BD, Gupta S, Kim CY, Knavel Koepsel EM, Scheidt MJ, ...> ;Journal of the American College of Radiology : JACR.
- Join now to see all
- Laparoscopic-assisted versus Mini-open Laparotomy for Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Placement in the Medicare PopulationSyed I Khalid, Ravi S Nunna, MD, Corbin P Edmondson, Mandana Behbahani, MD, Richard W Byrne, MD, Ankit I Mehta, MD, Neurosurgery, 11/16/2020
- Associate Editor Chapters 9,10,11,22: Acute Care Surgery, Gynecology, Neurosurgery, Urology, Trauma, Critical Care, Small Bowel, AppendixSeptember 2017
- Chapter 5. "Prosthetic materials and their interactions with host tissue".November 2003
- American Hernia SocietyMember
- Hindi, Urdu
- Rush University Medical CenterChicago, Illinois
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: