Are you Dr. Merchant?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 13 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office8992 University Blvd
Charleston, SC 29406Phone+1 843-792-1414
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Shabbir Hussain Merchant, MD is a board certified neurologist in Charleston, South Carolina. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in South Carolina, Massachusetts, and New York. He is affiliated with MUSC Health of Medical University of South Carolina.
Education & Training
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University HospitalResidency, Neurology, 2012 - 2015
- St Vincent HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 2011 - 2012
- Seth G.S. Medical CollegeClass of 2009
Certifications & Licensure
- MA State Medical License 2021 - 2024
- SC State Medical License 2018 - 2021
- NY State Medical License 2015 - 2019
- PA State Medical License 2012 - 2015
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
Publications & Presentations
- In vivo assessment of neurodegeneration in Spinocerebellar Ataxia type 7.Jacob A. Parker, Shabbir Hussain Merchant, Sanaz Attaripour-Isfahani, Hyun Joo Cho, Patrick McGurrin, Brian P. Brooks, Albert R. La Spada, M. Hallett, Laryssa A. Huryn...> ;Neuroimage. Clinical. 2021 Jan 19
- Reader response: Therapeutic benefits of early electrophysiological testing in a functional neurology case.Mark Hallett, Kathrin LaFaver, Carine W. Maurer, Shabbir Hussain Merchant, Felipe Vial> ;Neurology. Clinical Practice. 2020 Dec 1
- ASCO 2018: Dr. Shabbir M.H. Alibhai on How to Bring Geriatric Assessment to Your PracticeJune 2018
- Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi
- MUSC Health of Medical University of South CarolinaCharleston, South Carolina
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterBoston, Massachusetts