Dr. Young is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office650 Charles E Young Dr S
Los Angeles, CA 90095
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Stephen Young is a cardiologist in Los Angeles, CA and is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and has been in practice 39 years. He is experienced in general cardiology, valvular heart disease, and hyperlipidemia. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences.
Education & Training
- University of California (San Diego) Medical CenterFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1981 - 1983
- University of California (San Francisco) School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1979 - 1981
- UCSF HealthInternship, Internal Medicine, 1978 - 1979
- Washington University in St. Louis School of MedicineClass of 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 1979 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Elected member National Academy of Sciences, 2016
- Elected member Association of American Physicians, 1996
- Elected Member The American Society for Clinical Investigation, 1991
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsThe fatty acids from LPL-mediated processing of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins are taken up rapidly by cardiomyocytes.Haibo Jiang, Cuiwen He, Loren G Fong, Stephen G Young> ;Journal of lipid research. 2020 Jun 1
- 1 citationsCultured macrophages transfer surplus cholesterol into adjacent cells in the absence of serum or high-density lipoproteins.Cuiwen He, Haibo Jiang, Wenxin Song, Howard Riezman, Peter Tontonoz, Thomas A. Weston, Paul Guagliardo, Paul Kim, Rachel S. Jung, Patrick J. Heizer, Loren G. Fong, Ste...> ;Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2020 May 12
- 3 citationsAcoustofluidic sonoporation for gene delivery to human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsJason N. Belling, Liv K. Heidenreich, Zhenhua Tian, Alexandra M. Mendoza, Tzu-Ting Chiou, Yao Gong, Natalie Y. Chen, Thomas D. Young, Natcha Wattanatorn, Jae Hyeon Par...> ;Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2020 May 1
- Join now to see all
- Lipoprotein Lipase Is Active as a MonomerStephen G Young, Geoffrey W Cho, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Fibroblasts Lacking Nuclear Lamins Do Not Have Nuclear Blebs or Protrusions but Nevertheless Have Frequent Nuclear Membrane RupturesPaul Kim, Stephen G Young, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical CenterLos Angeles, California
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: