Are you Dr. Smith?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 41 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office89 Summers Way
Roanoke, VA 24019Phone+1 540-992-1251
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Susan Smith, MD is a pediatrician in Roanoke, Virginia. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Virginia, Maryland, and Alabama. She is affiliated with Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Lewis-Gale Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Carolinas Medical CenterResidency, Pediatrics, 1992 - 1994
- Wake Forest University School of MedicineInternship, Pediatrics, 1991 - 1992
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of MedicineClass of 1991
Certifications & Licensure
- CT State Medical License 2004 - 2019
- TX State Medical License 1997 - 2017
- MD State Medical License 2012 - 2015
- AL State Medical License 2007 - 2014
- VA State Medical License 2012 - 2014
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsGenome-wide association study of vitamin D concentrations and bone mineral density in the African American-Diabetes Heart Study.Nicholette D. Palmer, Lingyi Lu, Thomas C. Register, Leon Lenchik, J. Jeffrey Carr, Pamela J. Hicks, S. Carrie Smith, Jianzhao Xu, Latchezar Dimitrov, Jacob M. Keaton,...> ;Plos One. 2021 May 20
- 38 citationsAPOL1 Long-term Kidney Transplantation Outcomes Network (APOLLO): Design and Rationale.Barry I. Freedman, Marva Moxey-Mims, Amir A. Alexander, Brad C. Astor, Kelly A. Birdwell, Donald W. Bowden, Gordon Bowen, Jonathan S. Bromberg, Timothy E. Craven, Dars...> ;Kidney International Reports. 2020 Mar 1
- 7 citationsPsoas and Paraspinous Muscle Measurements on Computed Tomography Predict Mortality in European Americans with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.Bryan M. Tucker, F. C. Hsu, Thomas C. Register, J. Xu, Susan Carrie Smith, Mariana Murea, Donald W. Bowden, Barry I. Freedman, Leon Lenchik> ;The Journal of Frailty & Aging. 2019 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- AACI to Recognize Winn with Inaugural Cancer Health Equity AwardOctober 13th, 2021
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial HospitalRoanoke, Virginia
- Salem Veterans Affairs Medical CenterSalem, Virginia
- Lewis-Gale Medical CenterBoones Mill, Virginia
- Centra Bedford Memorial HospitalBedford, Virginia
- Carilion Franklin Memorial HospitalRocky Mount, Virginia
- LewisGale Hospital AlleghanyLow Moor, Virginia
- LewisGale Hospital MontgomeryBlacksburg, Virginia
- Carilion Stonewall Jackson HospitalLexington, Virginia